Sunscreen For Your Car?
Sun damage can be the result of not having a vehicle properly washed, waxed and protected. A thorough wash gets rid of dirt and grime that can increase the chances of the topcoat being damaged. Washing alone won’t help protect against sun damage, however, so be sure to add a layer of protection in the form of Capitol Shine’s wax sealant or paint protection products like Ceramic Pro, Opti-Coat Pro or Paint Protection Film – it’s SPF for your car!
What’s Our Waxing Process?
At Capitol Shine, our WASH + WAX SEALANT consists of a paint-safe hand wash and dry of the exterior, trunk and door jambs, windows, mirrors, dashboard, console, wheels and tires. We also incorporate bug and tar removal, a clay bar surface treatment, dressing outside plastics and rubber as well as a hand WAX Sealant to the exterior into the process. After that, we polish it all off with a light buff. So take a look at our Wash + Wax as well as our other services by clicking here.
It’s is not a wax or sealant, but a nano ceramic coating that bonds with the paint and is only removed by abrasion such as machine polishing. This coating also never needs to be waxed and is: Scratch resistant, UV resistant, Anti-corrosive, Self cleaning, Provides extreme gloss and contains hydrophobic properties. View packages on our website here.
Is an American made protective coating. This is a popular option for those looking for an alternative to Ceramic Pro and still provides great protection against UV rays, marring, oxidation and more. View packages on our website here.
Why would one choose film over a protective coating? Actually, the majority of our customers who receive film also have a protective coating applied on top of the film for even greater protection. The film we use actually increases the thickness of vehicle’s body, which results in excellent protection against rock chips – the thicker the layer, the harder it is to penetrate the paint. Another reason our customers choose to wrap their vehicle in film is because of the variety of colors offered. Imagine changing your vehicle’s color while preserving the original paint underneath. The film can be removed at a later time and return the vehicle to its factory color. We offer different packages of film wrapping for different areas of your vehicle. Find our packages on paint protection film here.
Other Tips for Protection Against the Sun
- Park in the shade when you can to reduce paint and interior damage.
- Check your tires! Extreme heat can mix with under inflated tires and cause a blowout.
- Use a sunshade for the windshield. This can help protect your dashboard from cracking as well as reduce the overall temperature of your vehicle’s interior.
- Consider installing window tint, which can help block UV rays – ask our friends at Skyline Tint in Springfield.
- A protective coating, like Ceramic Pro or Opti-Coat, can also help block UV rays from doing damage to your vehicle’s paint.
- Use a car cover when your vehicle is parked for longer periods of time.
- Did we mention getting a wash and wax sealant for your vehicle?
To book your wax sealant or protective coating, head over to our scheduling page to make an appointment! Please schedule at least 24 hours in advance to ensure time and date.