Why You Need Sunscreen For Your Car
As we approach Independence Day, we should expect some real July heat to come our way. Just as your skin can get sunburned, so can the paint of your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Chances are, you’ve probably seen a car with sun damage – Does this look familiar:
Sun damage can be the result of not having a vehicle properly washed, coated and protected. A thorough wash gets rid of dirt and grime that can increase the chances of the topcoat being damaged. Washing alone won’t help protect against sun damage, however, so be sure to add a layer of protection in the form of Capitol Shine’s wax sealant or paint protection products like Sportcoat Pro, Ceramic Pro, Opti-Coat Pro or Paint Protection Film – it’s SPF for your car!
What’s Our Sealant Process? At Capitol Shine, our WASH + WAX SEALANT consists of:
- Paint-Safe Hand Wash and Dry
- Wipe Trunk and Door Jambs
- Clean Wheels and Dress Tires
- Clean Windows and Mirrors Inside and Out
- Wipe Dashboard and Console
- Bug and Tar Removal
- Nano Mitt (Advanced Clay Bar Surface)
- Dress Outside Plastics and Rubber
- Hand Wax/Sealant Exterior
- Light Hand Buff
OR, UPGRADE TO SPORTCOAT PRO!
Upgrade your Full Detail or Wash + Wax Sealant detailing service to receive Sportcoat Pro! A Sportcoat Pro coating is superior to wax sealant and adds impressive shine as well as protection to your paint, glass, wheels, plastics and more.
Adding a ceramic layer of Sportcoat Pro in place of sealant is not only affordable, it helps to keep that glossy look for longer while also providing protection from scratches, UV rays and water spots. Sportcoat Pro is a nano ceramic, super hydrophobic glossy coating – perfect for those looking to quickly increase the shine and protection factor of his/her ride and includes:
- 1 Year Warranty
- Self-Cleaning Effects
- SUPER Gloss
- UV Protection
- Never Wax Again!
Sportcoat Pro provides an affordable protection option for you and your vehicle.
We also offer other paint protection options:
Opti-Coat Pro: Is an American made protective coating. This is a popular option for those looking for an alternative to Ceramic Pro and still provides great protection against UV rays, marring, oxidation and more. View packages on our website here.
- Park in the shade when you can to reduce paint and interior damage.
- Check your tires! Extreme heat can mix with under inflated tires and cause a blowout.
- Use a sunshade for the windshield. This can help protect your dashboard from cracking as well as reduce the overall temperature of your vehicle’s interior.
- Consider installing window tint, which can help block UV rays.
- A protective coating, like Sportcoat Pro, Ceramic Pro or Opti-Coat, can also help block UV rays from doing damage to your vehicle’s paint.
- Use a car cover when your vehicle is parked for longer periods of time.
- Did we mention getting a wash and wax sealant for your vehicle?
To reserve your wash + wax sealant, Sportcoat Pro or paint protection estimate, head over to our scheduling page to book your appointment.