-Quick Reminder: Capitol Shine will be closed on July 4th-
Why You Need Sunscreen For Your Car
The summer heat was glaringly (pun intended) obvious this past week, reaching as high as 95-100 degrees. As we approach Independence Day, we should only expect more extreme heat in July and August. Just as your skin can get sunburned, so can the paint of your car, truck, van, or SUV.
You’ve probably noticed sun and heat damage before without realizing what it was – Does this look familiar? >
Sun damage can be the result of not having a vehicle properly washed, coated and protected. A thorough wash gets rid of dirt and grime that can increase the chances of the topcoat being damaged. However, washing alone won’t always help protect against extreme sun/heat damage, so be sure to consider adding a layer of protection in the form of Capitol Shine’s wax sealant, Ceramic Pro or Paint Protection Film – it’s SPF for your car which has UV protection built in.
What’s Our Sealant Process? At Capitol Shine, our WASH + WAX SEALANT consists of:
- Paint-Safe Hand Wash and Dry
- Wipe Trunk and Door Jambs
- Clean Wheels and Dress Tires
- Clean Windows and Mirrors Inside and Out
- Wipe Dashboard and Console
- Bug and Tar Removal
- Nano Mitt (Advanced Clay Bar Surface)
- Dress Outside Plastics and Rubber
- Hand Wax/Sealant Exterior
- Light Hand Buff
OR, UPGRADE TO SPORTCOAT PRO!
Upgrade your Full Detail or Wash + Wax Sealant detailing service to receive Sportcoat Pro! A Sportcoat Pro coating is superior to wax sealant and adds impressive shine as well as protection to your paint, glass, wheels, plastics and more.
Adding a ceramic layer of Sportcoat Pro in place of sealant is not only affordable, it helps to keep that glossy look for longer while also providing protection from scratches, UV rays and water spots. Sportcoat Pro is a nano ceramic, super hydrophobic glossy coating – perfect for those looking to quickly increase the shine and protection factor of his/her ride and includes:
- 1 Year Warranty
- Self-Cleaning Effects
- SUPER Gloss
- UV Protection
- Never Wax Again!
Sportcoat Pro provides an affordable protection option for you and your vehicle.
We also offer other paint protection options:
Other Tips for Car Protection Against the Sun
- Park in the shade when you can to reduce paint and interior damage.
- Check your tires! Extreme heat can mix with under inflated tires and cause a blowout.
- Use a sunshade for the windshield. This can help protect your dashboard from cracking as well as reduce the overall temperature of your vehicle’s interior.
- Consider installing window tint, which can help block UV rays.
- A protective coating, like Sportcoat Pro or Ceramic Pro can also help block UV rays from doing damage to your vehicle’s paint.
- Use a car cover when your vehicle is parked for longer periods of time.
- Did we mention getting a wash and wax sealant for your vehicle?
To reserve your wash + wax sealant, Sportcoat Pro or paint protection estimate, head over to our scheduling page to book your appointment.