Your Vehicle Needs Sunscreen Too!
Whew! We’ve had some extreme heat lately. Just as your skin can get sunburned, so can the paint of your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Vehicle Sun Damage
Chances are you have seen a car with sun damage – Does this look familiar?
Sun damage can be the result of not having a vehicle properly washed and waxed. A thorough wash gets rid of dirt, dust and grime that can increase the chances of the topcoat being damaged. In addition to a wash, a nice wax adds an extra layer of protection to that topcoat to prevent sun damage even more – it’s SPF for your car! Luckily, Capitol Shine’s got you covered.
What’s Our Waxing Process?
At Capitol Shine, our WASH + WAX consists of a paint-safe hand wash and dry of the exterior, trunk and door jambs, windows, mirrors, dashboard, console, wheels and tires. We also incorporate bug and tar removal, a clay bar surface treatment, dressing outside plastics and rubber as well as a hand WAX exterior into the process. After that, we polish it all off (pun intended) with a light buff. So take a look at our Wash + Wax as well as our other services by clicking here.
Other Tips for Protection Against the Sun
- Park in the shade when you can to reduce paint and interior damage.
- Check your tires! Extreme heat can mix with under inflated tires and cause a blowout.
- Use a sunshade for the windshield. This can help protect your dashboard from cracking as well as reduce the overall temperature of your vehicle’s interior.
- Consider installing window tint, which can help block UV rays – ask our friends at Skyline Tint in Springfield.
- A protective coating, like Ceramic Pro or Opti-Coat, can also help block UV rays from doing damage to your vehicle’s paint.
- Use a car cover when your vehicle is parked for longer periods of time.
- Did we mention getting a wash and wax for your vehicle?
To book YOUR Wash + Wax, along with the many other services we provide, head on over to our scheduling page.